St. Michael's Shrine Mont Weekend Registration Open
Please join us for St. Michael's annual weekend at Shrine Mont from September 15-17, 2023. Shrine Mont is a great time for all ages! Shrine Mont offers a place for contemplation and renewal at the Great North Mountain in the Shenandoah Valley.
Officially, Shrine Mont is the Cathedral Shrine of the Transfiguration and a Conference Center of the Episcopal Diocese of Virginia. The outdoor shrine is actually the Cathedral of the Diocese of Virginia. Shrine Mont is located 110 miles from St. Michael’s in Orkney Springs, VA. You can get to Shrine Mont in as little as two hours, depending on I-66 West traffic.
Shrine Mont offers many activities for all ages. Attendees can:
- Hike up North Mountain or to Seven Springs.
- Take nature walks to the pond, the woods, and around Shrine Mont.
- Play outdoor games.
- Walk the Shrine Mont labyrinth, patterned after the labyrinth at Chartres Cathedral in France.
- Participate in children’s activities.
- Read a book.
- Unwind with fellow parishioners on house porches, at the pavilion, or at the bonfire.
- Worship outdoors.
Cost (which includes delicious comfort food from Friday dinner to Sunday lunch) for adults in a single occupancy room is $240. Cost for adults in a double occupancy room is $190 each. Thanks to the generosity of our parish, children 18 and under attend for free!
Questions? Please contact a member of our Shrine Mont steering committee: Tom Sheldon, Linda Kelleher, and Caroline Haynes.
Tags: Annual Parish Events / Shrine Mont / Shrine Mont Parish Weekends