Shrine Mont Weekend: Register Now!
St. Michael's annual weekend at Shrine Mont will be September 17-19. Shrine Mont is a great time for all ages! Please join fellow parishioners for a period of reflection, relief, and relaxation in an inspiring outdoor setting.
Officially, Shrine Mont is the Cathedral Shrine of the Transfiguration and a Conference Center of the Episcopal Diocese of Virginia. The outdoor shrine is actually the Cathedral of the Diocese of Virginia. Shrine Mont is located 110 miles from St. Michael’s in Orkney Springs, VA. You can get to Shrine Mont in as little as two hours, depending on I-66 West traffic.
Last year, we kept the weekend light on programming to accommodate the circumstances of our times. We will continue to follow the new safety precautionsthat Shrine Mont is practicing with all guests in dining areas and other indoor spaces. Much like last year, attendees will have the opportunity to enjoy Shrine Mont’s many offerings:
- Hike up North Mountain or to Seven Springs.
- Take one of many nature walks to the pond, the woods, and around Shrine Mont.
- Play outdoor games.
- Walk the Shrine Mont labyrinth, patterned after the labyrinth at Chartres Cathedral in France.
- Participate in children’s activities (outdoors and masked)
- Read a book.
- Re-connect with fellow parishioners (on porches, at the pavilion, or a variety of other outdoor settings)
- Worship outdoors
Cost (which includes delicious comfort food from Friday dinner to Sunday lunch) for adults in a single occupancy room is $215. Cost for adults in a double occupancy room is $165 each. Thanks to the generosity of our parish, children 18 and under attend for free!
Registration is open and available here.